Friday, January 21, 2011

My Favourite Things: Books Edition

This week I am going to list my favourite books and then over the next few posts-throughout the next 2 weeks or so- I will discuss each of the books on my list.  I decided to talk about each one individually because that way I can really spend time discussing why I love a certain book and not worry about making this post insanely long.


 So, the order of this list will be based on when I first read the book since that seems to make some logical sense


My Favourite Books:
-The Pearl, John Steinbeck
-Anna and the King of Siam, Margaret Landon
-Pygmalion and My Fair Lady, George Bernard Shaw and Alan Jay Lerner
-Stratford Gold, Richard Ouzounian
-The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger
-Cyrano de Bergerac, Edmond Rostand
-The Tempest, William Shakespeare
-Peter Pan, J.M. Barrie


Oh, and by the way some of my favourite authors aren't on this list, which is kind of interesting...The books on the above list are my favourites but I also really enjoy reading books that are relaxing and easy-or fast and thrilling by authors like: Emily Giffin, Jeffery Deaver, and Kathy Reichs among others, just because they are really nice escapes...but the books on my list are almost like old friends, I like to have them with me where ever I am so I can read them whenever I want. Getting a kindle for Christmas was really great, because now I can really can have them with me (and just to clarify I don't mean ALWAYS have them with me like a security blanket or anything, but just having them while I am away at school to read from if I feel like it).

No comments:

Post a Comment